Day 4 of the PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta Open Beta is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 4 and more.
The studio is continuing to look at the feedback from the fans on the spawn issues, working to fix a lot of the bugs including the Parties having to be disbanded, Cruise Missile issues, and more.
The studio also provided an updated schedule for Weekend 2 of the Beta, which begins Sept. 19.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
It’s the final full day of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Open Beta and we want to send our sincerest thanks to everyone who hopped online and joined the action. Since Thursday, you’ve been sending us your feedback all across social media, giving your honest suggestions and feedback, and we couldn’t be more grateful. We’ve been reading all of your comments and been discussing them here at the studio each day. It’s a heartwarming feeling to see so many of you invested in Modern Warfare and doing everything you can to help us as we look towards launch on October 25th. Thank you all so much!
Now, let’s look at some of the topics you’ve all sent our way since the start of day four:
You all have shared some pretty amazing and insightful feedback so far. Please keep in mind that if you don’t see your issue fixed by weekend two, please know that we’re working to polish all of the feedback by launch. This definitely isn’t all of your feedback, but let’s take a look at some of the issues we’re looking into…
- Connecting to Online Services: Some players are unable to connect to online services. If you’re still having this issue, please feel free to PM me your PSNID so we can further investigate.
- Weapon Attachments: In some cases, weapon attachments are not unlocking after reaching the required level. This is being investigated.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Recon Drone: There are two noted issues with this Killstreak. One: UI elements remain on the players screen after using the Drone. Second: Thermal function on the Drone causes the map below to become discolored.
- Weapons clipping through the Operator Character Model: On occasion, the AUG will clip through the arm of an Operator when viewing in the matchmaking or Operator selection screen
BETA WEEKEND 2 SCHEDULE:
This weekend, we’ll be kicking off weekend two of the Beta. We’ve already hinted a bit at Ground War, where you’ll take on more enemies in an all-out battle of 32v32 on a new map, Karst River Quarry. Not only that…but we’ll be bringing more players into the fight with Crossplay.
- Early Access: Xbox and PC – 10AM PST September 19th – 6PM PST September 20th. Also during this time is the Open Beta for PS4 players.
- Open Beta: ALL PLATFORMS – 6PM PST September 20th – 10AM PST September 23rd
As a side note here, the timing of when the Open Beta goes live on Xbox One and PC was updated. Rather than going live on Saturday, Sept 21, the Open Beta on Xbox One and PC will begin Friday, Sept. 20 at 6PM PT / 9PM ET.
Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Amazon – PS4 – Xbox One
Bestbuy – PS4 – Xbox One
More Purchase Options at CallofDuty.com